TAHP Releases Texas Covered 2023 Agenda
By: TAHP | Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Join us in Houston from November 6-8, 2023 for the biggest health care gathering in Texas, bringing together industry leaders, innovators, and influencers from all sectors of the industry.
Why it matters: Texas Covered boasts three packed days of speakers, panels, and networking with some of the biggest names in health care and policy in Texas. Our agenda is tailored to address the most pressing issues in health care today, with high-level sessions providing the latest research, trends, and strategies in the health care industry.
This year’s conference promises an exceptional lineup of distinguished speakers. While our full agenda is released, highlights include:
- Legislative insights from Sen. Kelly Hancock, Rep. Sam Harless, Rep. Jacey Jetton, Rep. Ann Johnson, and Rep. Tom Oliverson
- Important conversations about Medicaid and health care coverage in Texas, including sessions with the new Texas Medicaid director, the leadership team at HHSC, the Executive Commissioner of HHSC, and the Commissioner of TDI
Prepare to engage with visionaries from leading health plans, including:
- Lisa Wright, President and CEO, Community Health Choice
- Fred Turner, CEO and Co-Founder, Curative
- Scott Flannery, CEO, Texas and Oklahoma, United Healthcare
- James Springfield, President, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Karen Love, President and CEO, Cook Children’s Health Plan
- Craig Smith, CEO, Driscoll Children’s Health Plan
- Don Langer, CEO, UHC Community Plan of Texas and Oklahoma
- Chris Coffey, President & CEO, Molina Healthcare of Texas
Gear up for these major keynotes:
- Navigating the Future of Health Policy with Dr. David Blumenthal, Former President, The Commonwealth Fund
- AI Meets Medicine with Ziad Obermeyer, Associate Professor and Blue Cross of California Distinguished Professor, UC Berkeley
- Nourishing the Future of Health Care: A Blueprint for Wellness with Sam Kass, Former Senior White House Policy Advisor for Nutrition and Executive Director, Let’s Move!
- Redefining Affordable Healthcare: A Journey with Alex Oshmyansky, Founder and CEO, Cost Plus Drug Company
The bottom line: The health landscape is evolving. This conference ensures you remain at the forefront, equipped with insights from experts, innovators, and leaders who are reshaping the future of health care in Texas and beyond.
Are you a state employee? State, legislative, and agency employees receive a complimentary pass to our full conference and exhibit area. Register by October 23 with your state email, so you don’t miss out on:
- Access to dynamic speakers and informative sessions
- Opportunities to network with industry leaders
- Exposure to the latest technologies and solutions
Interested in sponsoring? Exclusive sponsorship opportunities are still available. This is an alternative way to register—and spotlight—your company.
Stay updated on the latest TAHP news
Articles written by TAHP’s team of policy experts that examine the research, trends, and impact of the most important health care policy issues facing Texas and the country today.
Weekly news clips assembled by the TAHP team that highlight the top headlines from the health insurance and health care worlds, as well as important political updates.