Job Posting: Communications and Policy Advisor
The Texas Association of Health Plans (TAHP) seeks a Communications and Policy Advisor to join our team. This person will collaborate with the communications associate and association leadership to develop and execute the organization’s communication and policy strategies.
- Write press releases and blog posts
- Update and manage the association’s website
- Help maintain association distribution lists
- Create and oversee the use of social media and social media campaigns
- Help with membership communication including assembling daily clips, weekly membership newsletter, and membership updates.
- Write policy one-pagers; legislative comment letters; and talking points; and help create PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist with TAHP event communication and planning including our annual conference
- Watch and write recaps of legislative and agency meetings
- Strong writing and editing skills
- 2 to 5 years of experience in related work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to work extended hours during the legislative session and annual conference
Nice to have:
- Texas Capitol or similar legislative experience
- Basic graphic design and photography skills
What we have to offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Strong benefits package including health insurance and 401k matching
- Dedicated office space and parking
- Flexibility for working from home, though this position will be required to come in for meetings and other set times
To apply, send a resume to email@example.com with the subject comms job.